Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I love to see the Temple!

Oh Family and Friends! Today is a good day! Why? Well... let me just tell you why!

Because today I got to go to the temple with my wonderful companion Sister Brown!! :)

I can honestly say that the temple is one of my favorite places in the world. I feel so close to God. And even when there are storms raging within my soul, I still feel peace there. It's a very rejuvenating feeling. If you can, I challenge you all to attend the temple this week. Whether you do an endowment session, baptisms, or just walk on the beautiful grounds; I challenge each of you to go to the temple with a specific question in mind and I promise that God will answer you. But you have to listen with your heart.

That is one thing that I have learned this week, to listen with my heart. Often times I get so caught up in what makes sense in my head, but as I went to the temple today and felt the peace of Heaven, I was reading the Book of Mormon and came across a scripture that changed my testimony and outlook on what I believe. 

Alma 5:12

"And According to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true."

I have not always known if The Book of Mormon was true. I have not always known if Joseph Smith was a prophet. But when I doubted, I came across this scripture. I realized that God does answer my prayers. He answers them in His own time, but He answers them. And in a way that we will recognize as truth. I know that "This is all true"! And I know because I had to ask God. So ask God, and I promise he'll answer.

Well, let me tell you about what has gone on in the Woodruff ward this week!

We taught Sherry last week. We taught her about the P.O.S. We had a member there who is coming back into activity. It helped them both to be reminded how much Heavenly Father loves them through this plan he has given to us. Yesterday we taught her the 10 commandments and focused on Keeping the Sabbath day holy and not taking the Lord's name in vain. She said she would really try to do her best on those. The Relief Society President was there as well as sister Luft was on a mini exchange with me and sister Brown. We were in a trio

Welllll! That's all for this week folks! Shout out to Jordan and Allyson! Congrats on this Saturday! I will be thinking about you guys that day! I love you both! 

Until next week! Keep the Faith!!!

Love, Sister Bauer

Pics:
1.) At the LA Temple
2.) Me and Sis Brown at Seal Beach



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment