Monday, December 16, 2013

There Must Needs be Opposition in ALL Things.

Oh Boy did that scripture ring true this week. It was the hardest, but best week I have had in a while.

On the one hand, Sherry Got baptized. Sherry was my investigator in my last area. She was the one who just waltzed right into church by herself! Knowing her now... that doesn't surprise me one bit! It's just like her.

It was the best baptism I have been too on my mission! The spirit was so strong and everything was just so..... right! The timing, the people there, the missionaries who came. It was how a baptism SHOULD feel. I love her so much and I am so glad that she was able to make this covenant with God. She is an amazing example and I could literally go on for hours about how much I love her.

Next week she will be confirmed and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. And then she will be a member of Jesus Christ's restored church on the earth! I cried so much at the baptism. I sang and the whole time I was on the verge of tears. It was the best feeling ever. To see someone you love so much make that promise. It was a day I won't soon forget.


On the flip side of things, this was a REALLY tough week. Every appointment we scheduled cancelled on us. And to top that off, we got dropped by one of our investigators, we got rejected in every single contact and yelled at and called crazy a few different times. It was definitely a tough few days. But Like President Uchtdorf says, "Life is not measured by the number of times we stumble, but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off, and stride forward."

Currently working on that!

WELL, that's it for this week! I love you all and will talk to you next week!!!!

I LOVE YOU!

Have a good week!

Love, Sister Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment