Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm Thankful for a LOT!!!

Friends and Family!!!

Oh, I love to write to you all!! I miss and love you all so much!!!

This past week was Thanksgiving. It was full of thankfulness and reflection.

We went to the ward mission leaders house for Thanksgiving and it was good! His wife's family is huge and half of them are in our ward. So they have really big holidays and all the sister missionaries in the ward went there for dinner. It was a good time.

The kid sitting next to me... his name is Ammon and he served his mission in the Boise Idaho Mission. So we had a good time talking about Idaho and how great it is. He served in Nampa and his area was ALL FOUR STAKES!!!!! That's a big area. I asked him if he knew where the birch building was and he said yeah and then told him that used to be my church building. It was fun to talk about Idaho!! Any chance I get to talk about it, I take!!! :) haha you can take the girl out of Idaho, but you can't take the Idaho out of the girl!!!


Next to me is my companion sister Lindsey and next to her is sister Afualo... one of the other sister missionaries in our ward. These were all the "cousins". They are a giant Filipino family.

So I can't believe that it's December here... its literally still like 75*-80* everyday! It's super weird! But This is a cool picture that I took and really like.... so I thought I would send it to you!! Happy December from Sunny California!!! :)



This ward is a lot more missionary minded than the last ward that I was in. They seem to really care about doing missionary work and people actually sign up to come on splits with us. So that's good. The ward is just split up into 3 areas. Our area is only about 3 blocks. It's pretty small. The elders have the sketchy part of town. They don't let the sisters go over there much. We ARE teaching one lady. Her name is Patricia. She is the brother of a Less Active member of the ward. But I don't really know if she has real intent or not. I suppose we will find out this week. We have to schedule another lesson with her.


Well, I know Thanksgiving is over, but I wanted to share a little video with you that has to do with thanksgiving! Click on the link.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=911161818001

Well, I don't really know what else to say except that Next month I hit 9 months!!! Where does the time go? I will be halfway done with the journey of serving the Lord for 18 months! It's crazy to think about what has transpired in a year's time.

-Friends returning from missions
-Marriages
-A Year since I turned in my mission papers.

And a lot more.

Time never stops and precious moments don't last very long. So I'm trying to savor every last second of this beautiful 18 months that in reality isn't that long. It's really hard, and at times I find myself wishing that it could just be over, but then I realize that this time is short and there will be a time when I am wishing that I could go back. So, every night and morning in my prayers, I say to Heavenly Father, "Thank-you for this opportunity to serve Thee Lord, even though it's hard and I sometimes complain. Thank-you for the growth and change I am experiencing, and that I get to serve you with all my "Might, mind, and strength" (D&C 4) Help me reap the blessings."

I'm thankful to be a missionary.

I'm thankful for all of you.

And I'm thankful for the knowledge that this gospel brings me.

Love you all!! Have a good week!!

Love, Sister Bauer


No comments:

Post a Comment