Monday, June 2, 2014

An Apostle of God shook my hand...

It's true! This weekend we got to hear from Elder Ballard from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He came and spoke to our mission about all things missionary work. Mostly about how to find more. And you know what he said? Talk to more people! That's the secret! haha who knew???

Elder Ballard talked about how if we can just talk to more people, our teaching pools will increase and our baptisms will go up also. It was so cool to listen to a Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ and just soak up his words.

I also got to shake his hand!! Ahh! 

There was a question and answer portion at the end and a sweet elder from our mission asked a really inspired question that touched everyone in the room. He talked about how he had only had incredible companions and how he was so grateful for that, but he also felt so inadequate because they were so amazing. 

Elder Ballard, in the sweetest way, said, "Elder I can fix that right now! You are a SON of GOD!" And he proceeded to tell him (and the rest of us for that matter) that inadequate feelings are not from our Heavenly Father. They are from the adversary and we are enough for God. It was a REALLY cool and good reminder that it doesn't matter that I am not the best at everything I do. God has set forth his plan that the gospel will be declared "by the weak and simple things of the world". And I am so grateful for that. 

God is so good! He has inspired men who are called and who speak inspired words. I'm so grateful that I got to hear Elder Ballard!

This was a picture after the conference was over. IT was really cool because the whole mission was in the same place! So we all got to see old friends. Love it!

These are my Homies! :) My good friends in the mission. (From left to right:) Sister Perry, Sister Luter, Me, Elder Bengtzen. Sis Perry is my comp. and Sis Luter is also a Sister Training Leader, so we talk to her a lot. I love them... :) 

That's it for this week!

Love,

Sister Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment