Monday, June 17, 2013

Switch up!

Hello alllllll!!! It's almost summer for you all! How exciting!
 
We had a lesson with our new investigator Margaret. We taught the restoration, but most of it went over her head. We tried to not teach too many principles so that she wouldn't get confused... but she still did. I love margaret. She is the mother of a family in our ward, the goodmans, she is sis. Goodman's mom. Margaret lives with her son john, who we also want to start teaching, and goes to a Christian church down the street called Parkcrest. John loves this church and has been attending for like 8 years or something like that. Margaret goes because it is convenient. She said that she hasn't quite gotten that "feeling" that it's the right church though. She was raised Catholic but doesn't practice because the catholic church doesn't make sense to her. We asked her if God told her that This was his true church, if she would be baptized, and she said she didn't know. So currently we are trying to help her reiceive that desire. If she doens't progress and keep her commitments we will have to drop her, which breaks my heart, but without the disire, nothing will happen.
 
Also, I went on exchange with Sis. Luft on Friday to Saturday night. She is such an amazing example to me. She taught how to more effectively use time and also how to contact better and more effectively. We talked to EVERYONE on the street that we came in contact with! Which was SO awesome because I have never done that before. But I have alot more confidence at how to go about it now, and so you better believe that I have already started that with sis brown. We also talked about how to go about the say and plan for the day better. I really feel like the exchange helped me and made me more confident as a trainer. I still have alot to learn and fix and be better at. But I am trying.
 
When Sis. Luft and I were talking to people on the street we came up to this woman named Katie and said hi. She gave us this SUPER skeptical look and said... "Did my mom send you?" hahaha! It was so funny!! We said no and she told us about how her mom was Mormon and actually in town. So her mom came out and invited us in and we met EVERYONE that was there. They were having like a fathers day party thing! It was awesome and we made a friendship with this part member/Less active family! It was SUCH a testimony to me that we have to talk to EVERYONE because if we don't we might miss those opportunities! What if we hadn't talked to Kaitie? We never would have got our foot in the door!
 
I know that this gospel is Christ RESTORED gospel. I love my Savior and I love the Book of Mormon! Read it! Pray About it! I have and I was able to see the miricles that have come because I did. I know that the Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, is another testiment of Jesus Christ. And that it was translated by a prphet of God. I love this Gospel. I am grateful to be serving the Lord even though it is hard! I love you all so much! I pray for you all! Have an amazing week! Write me a letter in your spare time!
 
Sister Jacqueline Bauer
6500 E. Atherton St.
Long Beach, CA 90815
 
God be with you till we meet again! :)
 
Love, Sister Bauer



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment