Monday, July 29, 2013

We have more than 1 investigator! Yippee!

FAMILY and FRIENDS!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING????? I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! Here is my life via email! :)

The work is really moving right along!! This week we picked up a new investigator. His name is Christopher We met him while contacting in the park. He double majored in biblical studies and history. So I thought that our meeting with him might turn into a bible bash, and i was a little nervous for it. But He is a really nice guy and just sincerely wants to learn. He has a lot of doctrinal questions that I don't always know how to answer. But I really feel as though if I truly follow the spirit, that he will learn what he needs to know that this is the Lord's kingdom on the earth. 

Pat is another new investigator. She is just peachy!! I love her so much. She is a "Devout" Catholic. Meaning, the first time we met her she told us that she loved her church and was very involved with it. But as we have talked to her more and more, we have come to find out that she feels something missing in her life and like there is a void of some kind. The first time we met her contacting and shared a scripture from the BOM with her. She loved it and told us that she thought so highly of the Mormon church and its members. The second time we visited her, (with sis brown) we knocked on her door and she told us that she thought we were very sweet but that she loved her church and was committed to it and she wouldn't let us set a return appt. but we gave her a BOM. The third time we saw her just outside her house and she told us she had been reading the BOM! Then she asked us about what we believed about life after death. We taught her a little bit about the POS and she said it brought her a lot of comfort, but she still wouldn't set a return appt. The last time we saw her, we were with sister Tew and we talked to her about how the parts of the POS that we had talked about had brought her great comfort. She finally let us set a return appt! So we met with her this week and she said that we were her angels and that she had been praying for guidance and maybe we were it! This is also when she told us she felt like there was a void in her life. I can see her accepting the gospel, but she loves her church because all her friends are in her church. So that is our only stumbling block as of right now.

Sherry, our progressing investigator, is doing dandy! She is continuing to read and pray about the BOM. And she also bought a quad and "Our Heritage". The only thing there is that she won't set a date for baptism. She said she feels pressured and that she "Wants to know everything" well... I guess I shouldn't be baptized then because I STILL don't know everything. Sis Tew came   with us to our last lesson with her. It was a good lesson and we talked about the importance of baptism and how, all we need is to know that the BOM is true, but that we REALLY need to ask with SINCERITY and ask specific questions. I felt like the spirit was there and like it testified to her that she really needs to ASK. We have another lesson with her on Tuesday and we are going to watch the Restoration DVD with her. 

I'm sorry that I never have any funny stories.... I will try to be better at that. I guess I am just a failure as a missionary! oops! :) haha! Well I love you all so much and I am grateful for all of your friendships and prayers. Please continue to pray that we will find those people who are prepared to hear our message and accept the gospel.

I love you!

God Loves you!

Jesus Christ is our Savior!

Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet who guides us today! 

These things I know

God be with you 'till we meet again.


Love,
Sister Bauer

Pics:
1.) Signal Hill... You can see the whole mission boundaries (Supposedly) from this point! That's the ocean and also Downtown Long Beach (I think)
2.) Me, Sister Brown, and Sister Puttapong. She is a temple Square sister who came to Long Beach for her "out" Transfer. Behind us is LA in the distance!
3.) The buildings in the distance is downtown Long Beach.... I think?



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment