Monday, November 25, 2013

A Week of New Things!!!

A new area, a new companion, a new place to live, new members, new investigators, and a new attitude!!! It's so awesome!

This week was my first week in Norwalk and it was so good! My new companion's name is Sister Lindsey. She is 19 and is from North Carolina. We are White-Washing, which means that we are both new to the area and neither of us know what we are doing! haha

This week was spent getting to know the area a little bit and trying to get to know some of the members. The members are cool but there are NOT very many active ones. There were only about 50-75 people at church on Sunday... Yikes! And that's pretty normal. The chapel wasn't even halfway filled. Everyone could have had their own bench!!! I guess you could say that we hae our work cut out for us!

The area is not as nice as my last area. But like it that way because that means the people are a little more humble.. well there are nice "pockets" in random places.... but for the most part it's pretty ghetto. I love it!

BREAK

I just had an interesting experience just 5 seconds ago.... a man named james who is sitting next to me in the Library just started arguing with me about the Book of Mormon. I was kind of nervous at first, because he took me off guard, but I realized that I needed to be convicted and so I was. All the missionaries around me were smiling and giggling. It was weird but good. Oh the life of a missionary.

BREAK


Well, I don't know what else to say except that I am super happy to be a missionary. I really am. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now.

Have a good week I love you all!!

Love Sister Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment