Monday, September 15, 2014

And the Busy-ness Continues!

Wow! This week was suuuuuper busy! I can't believe that it's already Monday again. The first P-day of the transfer. The first week always seems to go by so quickly! Then again, so does the second and third week and then before you know it another transfer is half over and it feels like all you did was blink! The days are beginning to count much more these days. Every time I am in a lesson or at church I can't help but tell myself to savor this moment because soon it will be gone and will be nothing but a memory. I love my mission.
 
Anyways!!!
 
This week was full of exchanges and member present lessons!! We had a goal of getting 6 and we did it! It was not easy but we were quite proud of ourselves. We didn't find this week though... which is kinda sad, but we will find this next week. We have a lot of good potentials who just haven't quite been picked up as investigators yet. They will soon hopefully.
 
This week we had two of our investigators come to church. Good Ol' Mike Michalka, and a new investigator that we picked up last week, her name is Chin Yu. She is from Taiwan and is studying English here. She is pretty good for only being here one month. She understands most of what we say. But man... it is really difficult to teach her! Our "Teaching simply" skills have really been put to the test. We literally can't elaborate on anything It's been very interesting. Not only because of the language barrier, but also because she doesn't have a Christian background. This is not something I have encountered on my mission yet... so it's been kinda a trip! She is 21 years old and is the sweetest thing. She is always laughing and smiling and telling us she doesn't understand us! haha. It's really funny. Luckily we have a few resources who speak fluent Mandarin Chinese who have offered to help us with lessons. It's been quite the adventure I must say.
 
This week I was studying more about the atonement. I was studying about how to use it and apply it into my life and I was brought to the story about the women who was taken in adultry. (John 8:2-11 <-------Go visit that link and watch the video.)

The scribes and Pharisees bring the woman before Christ to see what he says about her. And in so doing he says the most profound thing. 

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." 

None were perfect except Christ. He was the only one who was even capable of casting a stone. And yet... he says these simple but life-changing (for me) words.

"When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

"Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more"

The atonement is LITERALLY that simple!!! Christ does NOT condemn us. As we are willing to change and we recognize the mistakes we have made in the past, all He asks is that we go and sin no more. Maybe this is too simple and you all already realized this... but this was the coolest insight that I had when I realized that I can be forgiven. When I realized that I can change. BECAUSE of Jesus Christ. 

Go and sin no more. 

God is so good. He just wants us back with Him. Christ loves us. He's our older brother and he will do anything fore us. He has done everything for us. I love this gospel. I love my Savior. I love my mission and the person is has and still is shaping me to be! 

Have a great week! 

Love, Sister Bauer


No comments:

Post a Comment