Monday, September 23, 2013

Fwd: Yo Ho!!!

Family and Friends of mine! How is everyone this fine week??? Hopefully good! It's been a bit of a stressful week for me! But things are good. I am grateful for the blessings that I do have and I try to recognize the blessings in the trials.

This week was really low on member present lessons, but we met with Sherry almost everyday. We had a family home evening with her on Sunday and she told us she had gotten to Alma 32 in her Book of Mormon Reading. She told us she had read verses 16-18 and told us she knew it was just for her. It says,

"16 Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.

 17 Yea, there are many who do say: If thou wilt show unto us aasign from heaven, then we shall know of a surety; then we shall believe.

 18 Now I ask, is this faith? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to believe, for he knoweth it."


She is well on her way to baptism and I love it! I so love Sherry!!!! She has been an angel sent to Sister Brown and I and I love her so much!!


This week I have shared this scripture on multiple occasions. It one of my new favorites. It's in
Mormon 9:19

19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever! He is unchanging. And just like Christ performed Miracles when He was on the earth, that priesthood authority (or the power to act in the name of Jesus Christ) has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith and we witness those same miracles today. God Loves all of his children enough to give them a prophet. Just like he gave them prophets in the old testament times. I know that prophet is a man of God and he really does receive revelation from our Father in Heaven. I know that as we heed the words of the Prophet, we will see the miracles occur and the blessings will come. 

I love the Lord.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love you all!!

Have a happy week! :)

Love, Sister Bauer


Pics for this week!

Elder Bledsoe (Left) and Elder Walker, one of the APs (Right) Thumb wrestling with tissues on their thumbs because they were getting sweaty. This match lasted a good 15 minutes... it was ridiculous! Elders are so weird!



This was alllll over our floor (Thanks to the APs for grinding it in the floor with their shoes...)



My cool California shirt!




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment