Monday, September 16, 2013

Trials are Blessings!

This has been my mantra since I've started my mission. Going into this mission I thought, "I want to come out of this someone totally different. I still want to be Jacqueline, but a new and improved Jacqueline"

To achieve this, we must go through trials. There is no other way to achieve it. Something I have come to learn is that growing is painful. No matter what kind of growing we do, whether it's physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. It's an uncomfortable process. But I know that after we go thought it, we are thankful that we did. We are thankful because we change from what we were to what we have become. 

There are times when I pray to my Heavenly Father and ask Him why I have to go through the things I do. But then I remember what I told Him as I started my mission. That I wanted to change. I am grateful for trials because they are shaping me and molding me into the person that I want to become. 

One of my favorite sections of the Doctrine and Covenants is section 121, when Joseph Smith is in Liberty Jail and is asking God why he has to go through these trials and I love what God says to him.


Joesph says,

"1 O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?

 2 How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?

 3 Yea, O Lord, ahow long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful boppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved with ccompassion toward them?"

Then the lord answers and I love what he says,

"7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

 8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

 9 Thy afriends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

 10 Thou art not yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job."

The Lord is right! I am not as Job!!! I have it much easier than him! And I am grateful for that. But I am also grateful for trials that I know how to endure.


I love you all and I'm sorry this email is a little short this week! Peace be unto your souls!

God be with you all!

Love, 

Sister Bauer



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment