Monday, July 28, 2014

Pic week!!

Hey Family and my friends! I love you all! I don't have a ton of time this week to email!!! But I thought I would send out some pics... because we all know that pictures are worth a thousand words!

This week is transfers... I am STAYING! but Sister Perry is leaving... :( She is going to the Los Alamitos ward with Sister Andelin and Sister T. Sister Andlin is leaving halfway through the transfer. I still get to be her STL so I am excited about that! MY new companion's name is Sister Oler. She is cool! I am excited!

So... cool story!! (Waaaaay shortened version...) So we have this investigator, her name is Ashley! And she has been kinda learning from Sister Perry since before I got here, but she hasn't really progressed much. Until recently we were able to reconnect with her and commit her to meet with us again. We showed up and her boyfriend Alex was there with her. Alex has had a really rough past and is really misunderstood. We started talking about what we do and he said, "So you know a lot about like faith right?" And then he proceeded to ask us about what we believe happens to people that commit suicide. Ashley had told us previously that Alex had watched his Gpa commit suicide when he was 16 or so and it really messed him up. He had always been told that his Gpa was in Hell and there was no hope for him. When we told him that that wasn't true... he started to BAWL! (This is a guy that is a personal trainer... he is SUPER manly!) We were able to teach him the Plan of Salvation and testify that He would be able to see his Gpa again oneday. They were both soooo excited and started asking what to do with the information they had! They were like, "Do we come to church? Do we pray? What do we need to do?" So we committed them to read and pray everyday and to come to church! They weren't able to make it to church because they had a baseball game, but hopefully they will come soon. It was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in on my mission!!! So cool! After that lesson, I remembered WHY I am here... so people can be with thier families forever. It was really cool and eye opening!

Also, Healani is getting BAPTIZED this week! Woo hoo!!! I love her She is so awesome!!! 

Well, I have to go! But I love you all so much! Stay Classy and I will talk to you all later!

Love, Sister Bauer

So these Pics:

1.) Healani (Our cute investigator who is getting baptized this Sunday!!), Sister Perry, Lena (Our Mini Mish), and Me)


No comments:

Post a Comment