Monday, October 7, 2013

After Conference Hang-Over! :)

Oh man! It's been a really good week! Wasn't conference AWESOME??? I am soooo grateful that we have a prophet on the earth who can give us modern day revelation and comfort our souls with the words that only Christ could be speaking. 

After all, the Lord says, "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38)

The things that were said at conference were things that Jesus Christ Himself would have said if He were here on this earth.

Think about that for a second.

Can you remember what a BIG portion of conference was about?

MISSIONARY WORK!!!! :D

Yay! I loved President Uchdorf's talk about WHY anyone would join our church? Why would they?

Because of the feeling that comes in knowing the things that we know. And in knowing that we have the RESTORED gospel of JESUS CHRIST on the earth today.

Sister Brown (My companion) gave a talk in church last week and said this,"Members of the church have never had to ask themselves the soul searching questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? and Who am I? But for those not of our faith these are real, and they can be very frightening questions.

We are lucky enough to know that through the gospel of JESUS CHRIST we can be happy not only for this life, but for the rest of ETERNITY! :)

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." (Mosiah 2:41)

So, I encourage you to all heed President Uchdorf's talk and also take take the challenge that Elder Ballard gave in finding one person from now until Christmas for the missionaries to teach.

I know as you PRAY for opportunities to share the gospel, they will come. And that as you stand for truth and righteousness you will be blessed. The missionary moments will come in ways that you can do. God is not going to ask you to go knock a street of doors if you are uncomfortable with it! but He might give you a prompting to tell your friends about general conference when they ask you what you did this weekend.

God LOVES us! So the least we can do is help the rest of his children come to that knowledge! Because he loves them too!

Ok... Now that I am off my soap box. :) 

Sherry came to all four sessions of conference with us at the stake center. She really liked a lot of the talks but said that President Monson makes her sleepy. We told her that as she continues to heed His counsel that a witness will come and we testified that he truly is a prophet of God. I really know that he is and I am grateful for him and the revelation he receives.

This week we drew out the Plan of Salvation with chalk in the park! I don't know if we found anyone because of it, but I know that it will plant lots of little seeds.
It's kind of hard to see because of the lighting... but it's there! It was really fun! 

Well That's basically it for this week! Nothing much more to say!

Oh! Transfers are tomorrow and I'm staying in my area another transfer! CRAZY! By the time the transfer ends, I will have been in this area for 7&1/2 months! Sister Brown got transferred to the singles ward who meets in our same building. She will be in a trio and we will probably still see each other every Sunday. So that will be good!

Well I love you all soooo much! If you didn't watch conference please watch it! or listen to it! or read it! or whatever!!!!! It was so good!

Have a great week and I will talk to you all next week!

Pictures to come in a separate email!


No comments:

Post a Comment