Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Temple Tuesday! :)

Hello dear family and friends! Today I got to go to the House of the Lord for a few hours! It was marvelous!!! :) I loved every minute of it.

However...

I did NOT love every minute of this week! :( Why you ask??? Because this past weekend was full of chills and fevers and sore throats and sleep.

Boo for being sick.

I'm still getting over my cold and now I sound like a raspy Rudolph... so that scares EVERYONE away from us on the street. Sheesh you would think I had leprosy! :) jk! but really.....

Anyways, besides that this week was pretty good!!!

We picked up 2 new Investigators!!!! YEAHHH! there names are Hailey and Taylor. They are sisters and they are Perla's (refer to last email) neighbors and friends. We taught them the Restoration and the spirit was strong.  They told us that they wouldn't "become Mormon" because their family would be really upset with them, especially their grandma, but they don't know it's true yet. Once they do... things might change. We told them to pray about what we had told them and then gave them a Book of Mormon and told them to start reading it. We have another appt. with them on Thursday. Hailey seems a little bit more into than Taylor. So we shall see how things progress.

Sherry is doing good. She was a live investigator at a zone conference in Huntington Beach. Sister Luft and Sister Andelin Taught her. They focused on her concerns which is prophets. We are going to have to start seeing her less and less. Because she isn't really progressing anymore... which is so sad... she knows it's true. She's just waiting for a SIGN!!!! Sis Johnson and I are studying and praying about what we can teach her next to help her progress to baptism. She is so ready!

Our ward had their Harvest Festival this weekend and we got to go! We got a member referral out of it and everything! Wooo!!! However, we aren't sure if she even lives in our area yet. So we will teach her the Restoration and find out where she lives... haha.

This is me and Ellie Carr!!! My favorite little 3 year old!!! I love her so much!!! She is the daughter of one of the members that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!


The temple today was AMAZING! I felt so much peace as I sat and pondered on things in the Celestial room. There is no feeling that is better than complete peace.

Sister Johnson, Sister Jan Adams( member that took us), and Me! (It was super bright...)




Lately I have really been doing some soul searching. I want to be the best missionary that I can be. I want to be the Missionary that God knows I can be. And I feel like I'm not there yet. Granted I'm only 7 months out... but this next portion of my mission is going to be dedicated to becoming even MORE converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and really internalizing the Christlike Attributes that are in Ch. 6 of Preach my Gospel. There's a quote in Preach my Gospel that I put on my wall that I love. It says, " Just as vital as what you do, however, is who you are." I so love that!!!! Because I can preach the gospel all day long, but if I am not as Christlike as possible while doing it, then what's the point?

So that's what I am working on as of late. Standby.

That's it for this week folks!! Love you all and hope your week is a good one! Talk to you next week!!! :)

Much love!!!

Love, Sister Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment